Sunday, June 3, 2007

Jane & Sunburned Hand of the Man & Spoon

Hello all. I know there's been a bit of a delay in the updates. I don't really have an excuse, so let's get on with it! (By the way, now you click on the album art to download. Technology!)

First we have the Boston band Sunburned Hand of the Man, known for their jam-based psych- tribal sounds. The songs on 'Headdress' move from intentionally sloppy, to wonderfully tight. Anyone into Raccoo-oo-oon or the recently posted Aa should not miss this release.


Now, while I know there has been no shortage of links to Spoon's latest 'Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga', I couldn't in good conscience avoid doing my part in getting the word out. With elaborate pop arrangements, a prominent horn section for the first time, Spoon hand us their most creative and involving work since 'A Series of Sneaks'. This is what they've been working towards. It's sunny, eccentric while still able to maintain the bands awe-inspiring grasp of spaciousness and ability to avoid excess 100% of the time. Hear this.

Lastly, Jane is a project from Animal Collective's Panda Bear and friend Scott Mou. The early "Collective" influence is obviously present on 'Berserker' with the warm but edgy electronics that were most present in 'Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished', backed by Mou's pulsing rhythms and Bear's soft, flowing vocals. Interesting stuff, especially for fans of the Collective.

Lastly, I'm going to stop using Rapishare and I hear Sharebee is better. But if anyone has any better ideas, post a comment. I want this to be as easy as possible for all of us. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Mars said...

My experience is that NONE of the file hosting services are 100% reliable, and although Rapidshare is a pain in the ass, they are the 'most reliable'. Sharebee is cool, but a lot of file hosts are catching on and disallowing access through that service. Nice blog.

riccardo said...

Hello,
great site, truly !!
Can you add my blog http://deanmartinez.blogspot.com/ to your?
ciao riccardo
oncutting@gmail.com

TheGog said...

thanks to both.
and sure!

whelkpoint said...

thanks for the S-H-O-T-M stuff....

Anonymous said...

hey-thanks for SBHOTM's Headderess!! -N

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I assume polite post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to review the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

mother son incest sex stories said...

She smiled at himcoquettishly. Alice fought hard to stop the exposure but gave upwith her skirt up around her waist and her panties at her knees.
stories girl has sex with dog
date rape stories
kristen archives incest stories
free xxx zoo stories
inescapable hogtied bondage stories
She smiled at himcoquettishly. Alice fought hard to stop the exposure but gave upwith her skirt up around her waist and her panties at her knees.